Thursday, July 8, 2010

Good news is that my post procedure headache that travelled home with me from Poland has left but bad news is that I've caught a cold. It seems like I've been sentenced to forced bed rest for several days---which may actually be helpful for me right now!



I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when the cold goes away I'll still feel the symptom benefits that I experienced during and immediately after the procedure. Right now I just feel like I have a cold and can't judge about my MS symptoms! (Sneeze, sneeze, cough, cough.)



It was really cool to see the movie of my Venoplasty. The CD of moving images shows my blood neatly flowing through the Left Internal Jugular Vein and, at a specific spot, gushing out in many different directions. Another image shows the balloon that was inflated at that problem site---how exciting to see!



In a post-ballooning image I can see the Right Internal Jugular fairly well with blood flowing as a consistent "unit" that maintains its width. There may be collaterals but if there are I can't see them. I don't have any images of my Azygous, which I was told is fine, so I'm pleased with the movie of my Trip to Poland just the way it is.



I can't say that I'm settled back into life at home yet. The main reason isn't the cold as much as the missing my friends from Tychy (pronounced like ten-hen without the n's).

The group of us were staying at the same hotel for the same purpose, eating breakfast and sometimes dinner together, watching World Cup games together and generally sharing information and support for each other. It's rare that I find a network of caring individuals as strong as the one in Tychy and I miss my friends quite a bit now.

I'll try to post a few pics when I can but I'm off to nap for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment